Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Noise Makers- "Zoobee/Panic"



I guess I've always been out of touch with popular music. Sure I flirted with it when I was young, but I always seemed to prefer oldies radio and my parents' dusty old records to whatever everyone else thought was cool (which was/is never nearly as cool as this little 45). Plus I've always loved instrumental music.
This one has been a long time favorite by a band I have never heard anything else by. If you know any, please pass it on.
Young folks these days mistakenly seem to think old rock n' roll is boring or tame or something stupid like that. If they actually listened to it they would realize that this music if far wilder, says "fuck you" louder, and made that "fuck you" resonate much louder and more effectively in the society of its time. Today's music is the tame, boring stuff.
The A side is a simple feel good cruising tune. It may not be the best ever, but it gets the job done...with gusto! Puts the action in your pants!
The B side should've been the A side. This song inspires what the best rock n' roll always should: the desire, no, NEED to FUCK SHIT UP!
If you like Link Wray, Duane Eddy, and other oldies instrumental street rock bands this little record will be right up your alley.
Spin it! LIve it! Fuck it!
Yeah!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kwymwnznz2z

No comments:

Post a Comment