Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Uuhngreh Schpuggenuh's Oldies Radio: 45's Vol.2



This past weekend while visiting my parents, they presented me with the box of their old 45's that I hadn't been through in at least 15 years.  A number of the old 45's and most of the previous USOR was taken from the stuff I took from that box way back then, so I was very happy to take another large pile of 45's off their hands.
A lot of these records (plus their old LP's and the release of the soundtrack to "Stand By Me," a cassette I completely wore out) are the reason I lost almost all interest in popular contemporary music by the age of 7.  I made the switch to Oldies radio stations, and maybe a little Classic Rock for variety…anything but that dreadful 80's crap.  The 2 known novelty tunes on this were my favorite records when I was even younger.
Don't get me wrong, there is some corny shit on this…but that is part of the appeal…a nice change of pace.
I do recommend playing this on SHUFFLE…minutely more like commercial-less radio…
33 songs

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4an7khry6dw5cw7/US+Oldies+2.zip


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the records. Funny coming across this nice cover because I just saw the movie last night at Film Forum.

    ReplyDelete