Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trumans Water- Peel Sessions


This was taken from 3 sessions, two from '93 and one from '94.  Unfortunately (or do I mean thankfully?) Trumans Water probably won't be part of the recent "I love everything 90's" trend (20 year pop-culture recycle program needs to be shut down, anyway) because they are probably just as challenging today as they were then (meant as a complement).
Somewhere I saw someone compare them to "early Pavement meets early Boredoms, but not as spazzy."  There's a lot of room to go wrong there, but it's still pretty accurate, but I like these guys better than Pavement or Boredoms.  I do hear post-punk and kraut rock influences, but they're still of their own time.  I would think they would have a lot of appeal to Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 and Sun City Girls fans.  Definitely not a band to play by any rules, thankfully.

http://www.mediafire.com/?47c64aqh5hiuecr

No comments:

Post a Comment