Thursday, January 19, 2012

Psychic TV- Themes



Part I- Piano and Clarinet
Part II- Tibetan Human Thigh Bones
Part III- Cowbell, Bicycle Wheel, and Vibes
Part IV- New Guinea Headhunter's Pipe, Large and Small Drum
Part V- Piano and String Machine
Part VI- Recording Made at Jonestown, Guyana at the time of the Suicides
Part VII- African Initiation Drum and Animal Tusk Horn
Part VIII- Various Temple Bells, Gongs, Cymbals and Vibes

An album to be used "in...rituals as functional music intended only to aid in the process of making things happen," and also meant to be a practical tool. Makes perfect sense to me. It's easy to picture some tribe or cult having ritual music like this. The functional/practical part seems subjective, to me. Try listening to this while doing anything creative (or even just take a walk) and there's a good chance the music can work its way in, invade your mind and the effect is pretty empowering. Hell, listening to this while walking through an old cemetery on a cold foggy day with an old manual camera and some black and white film was a hell of a lotta fun.
Recommended for Throbbing Gristle fans who may be turned off by how polished Psychic TV studio albums can be.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nbbsv8p5dlz6dl4

1 comment:

  1. My story is not different from other stories out there but the uncertainty of life is what keeps surprising me. I kept asking myself, how a marriage of 31 years with much devotion and happiness can just come to an end?. My husband left me for two years not because he doesn't love me but because we don't have any child we could call our own. I can't blame him for leaving but I kept asking why now?. He is 57 years old, why leave now. My life is incomplete without him, Our life can't just be over like that. I contacted a lot of spell casters to bring my life back but none could bring him back. He never told me to publicize him but the joy and happiness of having my life back is the greatest thing even though we still don't have any child. We still have our love, thanks to caster divine.

    Email:casterdivine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete