Thursday, May 20, 2010

Die groBe Starparade



A find from a Goodwill on the outskirts of town, and seeing all the 60's Swiss records I found there too I presume these were souvenirs from someone's military service (seeing the age and that rural North Carolinians aren't normally into "world" music).
This was a great find: a collection of 60's German easy listening and pre-soft-rock. I also love the sound of the German language (check out the spoken interlude in the cover of "Are You Lonesome Tonight"). The worst is when one guy sings in english. I've said it before and I'll say it again: pop music is best in a language you don't know so you have no idea how bad the lyrics probably are.
This record isn't going to blow any minds, but it is a highly enjoyable listen.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmml2w03zxy

No comments:

Post a Comment