Saturday, April 3, 2010

Maurice Jarre - The Tin Drum (Die Blechtrommel)



If I had to pick a favorite book and author it would be "The Tin Drum" and Gunter Grass. I saw the movie after reading the book and had no idea how it could be done, but I never expect a movie to live up to the book anyways.
But the movie is great and as good as it could've been, I think.
Some of the music is pretty cheesy and a lot of it is really good.

RECOMMENDATIONS
1) Read the book
2) See the movie
3) Listen to this...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdijzwgtdnn

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, but the movie was flat out astounding. Every time you thought it couldn't get weirder, it did! I loved the part with little Hans turning a massive Nazi rally into a waltz. Just one of many delights in a rather odd film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great film, but the book is way weirder, also weird that it makes way more sense. HIghly recommended

    ReplyDelete