Thursday, May 20, 2010

Duane Eddy- Yep/Three-30-Blues



Another from my Dad's collection of old 45's that has been a favorite of mine for a long long time. I was lucky enough to get a hold of his Duane Eddy collection at a young age and I consider Duane Eddy as an integral part of my love of instrumental music.
Another reason I love this 45 is the way it jumps out of the speakers and you can still hear it unamplified, which unfortunately is lost in the digital transfer.
Once I got into Lee Hazlewood in college I was surprised to learn that he had written many songs early on for Duane Eddy and "Yep!" oozes with that wonderful Hazlewood cheesyness. It's not to hard to imagine his reverb drenched baritone over this one. I may be wrong, but I think he may have played a part in Eddy's aquarium tank echo system.
A great well balanced single.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1koiuinzmj

2 comments:

  1. Duane Eddy and Lee Hazelwood were partners, co-writing many of Duane's hit instrumentals together.
    You're right, "Yep" is a great record. As for the new digital transfers, check out the anthology on Rhino Records, "Twang Thang", a collection that was personally remastered by Duane Eddy. It's the real deal, and those tunes all jump out of the speakers like they were originally intended to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do have that comp. and agree that they did a great job, but i am a bit of a stubborn ass and have to prefer the vinyl. but there's no reason to complain.

    ReplyDelete