Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pere Ubu- Terminal Tower: An Archival Collection



Usually odds and ends compilations are inconsistent at best, which is most certainly NOT the case with "Terminal Tower."
It spans from when the only reason they formed the band was to record 2 Rocket From the Tombs songs up to the more avant garde Mayo Thompson/Rough Trade era (5 years). Too many classics here to ever be out of print, but it is.
Rather than just go on about how great this record is...

Also:
All Pere Ubu CDs I have are unfortunately mastered at a very low volume, leaving the music sounding unfortunately thin. So I recorded my LP to CD with the levels turned up. I must say it enhances the chunkiness their earliest songs (especially "Final Solution").
For me, this sounds better...hope you agree.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qb14aya12abf5pe

Where it leaves off...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, means a lot.

    ReplyDelete